Every student knows that studying can be a lot of work and very hard to stay focused. Also, healthy eating is easily psuhed down to the end fo the priority list. Smart snacking during studying can actually keep your brain focused and increase the amount of information you retain.
Brain food for studying includes (Source:Foods that help our brain study)
- Protein — meat, fish, eggs, poultry, legumes, nuts and seeds, dried beans and lentils, dairy products and soy products.
- Antioxidants — fruits and veggies, including berries, and pomegranate juice.
- Omega-3 — oily fish, flax seeds and flax oil, and eggs, chicken and beef.
- Dietary cholesterol — dairy and egg yolks.
- Monounsaturated fats — avocados, nuts, olive oil, canola oil and peanut oil.
- Caffeine (moderate amounts) — tea, coffee and dark chocolate.
Now while Kalua Pig may not be on the list, we do have some great healthy options! The better the fuel your brain for the test, the better you’ll study. It’s a…no-brainer.
It is not all about the students, all faculty receives the same benefits. There is limited time for yourself while working at a school. Stop by Kono’s during lunch– give us a call ahead, and we will make sure your lunch is not the typical homemade sandwich or cafeteria food.
Happy Hour 3-6pm Every Day:
Our award-winning Pork Plate and Lemonade or Limeade combo-meals are $4 off!